Saturday, February 25, 2012

le jardin s'est levé

photo courtesy of pinterest

I have a confession to make...
I am in love with Pinterest♥
The little garden shed with its climbing pink roses, lavande rows and larkspur landscape screams assez. Wouldn't you agree? The nasturtiams falling down the sides of the old wooden wheel barrow is almost too much for me to handle as I'm eager for spring to arrive.  

We have a garden shed similar to this one that Lennis built. It sits next to an extended porch. Promise, picture when spring arrives. I believe this spring I'll usine some pretty flowers around the hangar. Possibly some pink climing roses like the ones in the picture.
I've been studying and previewing different rose varieties to plant in my jardin.

This is New Dawn~ Nouvelle Aube
This one is named Heritage~ Héritage
I amour the old fashioned cabbage roses.
Both of these roses is also carry a lovely parfumé. An extra rose bonus I believe and lovely when you bring a freshly cut bouquet indoors.

Do you have a rose jardin?
Ayez un beau jour
Jill

11 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful rose you have picked out. I am also looking for some antique color and fragrant roses. The jar is so pretty with the roses! Have a lovely weekend.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a small rose garden. We had SO MUCH RAIN last spring that the garden really hurt....praying for a healthier blossom production this year.

    Love Pinterest too and love your choices for this post. That garden shed is truly to-die-for awesome.

    Nice to dream when looking out to grey and snowy yuck. Bring on the spring, we're all ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos.. there is nothing like a Pink Rose to make me smile.. thanks!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Pinterest, Jill! There's so many beautiful, inspiring photos there. Much better than any magazine I subscribe to! That "Heritage" cabbage rose is absolutely stunning. I'm going to have to look for that one this spring for my garden. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jill,
    You are truly blessed with your beautiful garden, I can smell your roses from here.
    I wish we could swap homes.
    This week we have a disgusting sand storm in Dubai..
    I love your blog.
    xoxo
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your photos of the roses. I think I could never have enough. They are so fragile and smell so good. Love your blog. New follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. Whole days have been know to disappear when I get on Pinterest! I so love that special place. Thanks for sharing your beautiful images. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first visit to your lovely blog and I am now a follower. Have you seen the Antique rose Celciana. Sorry but this is not the correct spelling but it escapes me at this moment. I have had two in my lifetime and the current one is 3 years old this summer and has canes 12-15 feet high that ramble thru a crepe myrtle. It is a stunner but it only blooms once in the spring. So sad because it perfumes the whole garden! It has 3-4 inch white blooms tinged with pale pink and the lovely yellow centers show which I adore. Some people don't like this trait but I do. How about you? Be sure to check this one out.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. The images you have chosen are beautiful. I also very much like you choice of roses. I do have a rose garden and love it. I am looking forward to warmer spring weather and my roses to be in full bloom.
    I am your newest follower.
    I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hours and days of my life are lost to Pinterest. And I'm okay with that.
    xoxo

    http://shabbysweetea.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful rose, I love them ! And what beautiful images you gathered here, the shed with the climbing roses is so pretty. A very beautiful post, I enjoyed it a lot !
    Have a nice week-end !

    ReplyDelete